Read below for information about Grants Pelham has received:
MVP Action Grant - June 2018
Maybe you've heard that we won a grant to help make Pelham more resilient in the face of climate change? There are three parts to this - Resilient Roads, Resilient Campus and Resilient Communications. This last one, improving communications in Pelham, is ready for engagement! If you want to share ideas you have and join us, please click on the contact link on this page!
Our goals that we have defined for this part of the grant, based on the April workshop action items are:
- To plan for our Fall (and Spring?) canvassing activity (# of people, street map, talking points, pre-and post activities)...
- To host three formal workshops with presenters in September, October and November
- To host three informal community conversations with facilitators in January, February and March
- To keep this “Resilient Pelham” web page updated with our grant progress
- This could feature the results of our survey(s), links to reports and action maps, a contact us form that could be monitored by a rotating member of the task force, the “new to Pelham” form (edit), school partnerships, etc.o To attract more people to the town website in general
To create community/trust [As part of the door to door canvassing effort]To dramatically increase community engagement through communications infrastructure
- To get people signed up for alerts *(possibly research phone options) with three options: (1) crisis only (Code Red), (2) crisis and select board/meeting agendas and/or minutes, and (3) crisis and town wide events [Ideally with the functionality to edit their alerts]
- To discuss how we could build a responsive phone tree whereby neighborhoods have buddies who call 2-3 people, who call 2-3 people, etc. during emergenciesTo utilize inclusive language when promoting events and casting the widest net in our community.
Given the above, we would love input you may have. If you want to get involved, please click on the contact link on this page and we'll be in touch.
Green Communities Division Grant Award - July 2018
Award for $31,059.00 through the Department of Energy Resources (DOER) to fund lighting upgrades in the Rhodes Building, Highway Department, and Community Building.
For more information related to the Green Communities Grant, please visit https://www.mass.gov/orgs/green-communities-division