Board/Committee Appointment & Resignation Information
If you are currently serving on an Elected board or committee and wish to resign, you are required to tender a signed resignation letter to the Town Clerk. The letter should include the resignation date.
If you are serving on an Appointed board or committee and wish to resign, you are required to tender a signed resignation letter to the Select Board. The letter should include the resignation date.
Are you interested in being appointed to a Board or Committee to fill a vacancy?
Please note the following:
- A new member cannot be appointed until the resignation of person leaving is final.
- Vacancies will be posted on the town web site.
- Interested parties should forward a signed letter stating their interest in being being appointed to the Board of Selectmen.
- It is also helpful if the Chair of the Board or Committee writes a letter or comes to the Select Board Meeting in support of the appointment.
- If appointed, the Select Board Administrative Assistant will mail you an appointment letter. This letter should be taken immediately to the Town Clerk so that you can be sworn to the faithful performance of your duties and be provided with information on the Open Meeting Law and the Conflict of Interest training requirements. Please note that you cannot vote on any matter until you have been sworn in by the Town Clerk.