NOMINATION PAPERS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE MAY LOCAL ELECTION LOOK FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE ELECTIONS PAGE ON WEB SITE
Recently there has been some confusion regarding the joining and resigning from Boards and Committees.
If you are currently serving on an Elected board or committee and wish to resign, you must send your resignation letter with your signature on it to the Town Clerk stating your resignation date.
If you are serving on an Appointed board or committee and wish to resign, you need to send your resignation letter with your signature on it to the Board of Selectmen stating your resignation date.
If you wish to be appointed to a Board or Committee to fill a vacancy; then the procedure is as follows:
- A new member cannot be appointed until the resignation of person leaving is final.
- The position vacancy will be posted on the town web site for two weeks.
- The person that wants to be appointed, writes and signs a letter of intent wishing to be appointed to a named vacancy. The letter should then be sent to the Board of Selectmen.
- It is also helpful if the Chair of the Board or Committee writes a letter or comes to the Select Board Meeting in support of the appointment.
- The Select Board puts it on the agenda for a meeting and appoints that person who then must see the Town Clerk to be sworn in and complete other paperwork prior to participating in a meeting.